• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture wrapping problem

This topic is 5164 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings! I have a weird problem with texture wrapping. I''m using DX 8.1 SDK, but DX 9.0 is installed (I think it shouldn''t be a problem). I program in VC++. I haven''t installed the debug runtimes with the SDK of course. The problem: I enable texture wrapping in both U and V direction, because I draw a torus (with a single triangle strip). Everything is OK, except those triangles which don''t have neighbouring triangles on the 0.0-1.0 side. Those triangles aren''t textured properly, the texture isn''t wrapped. For example: buggy triangle''s texture coordinates ( (0.1,0.9),(0.1,0.0),(0.3,0.0) ) neighbouring triangle ( (0.1,0.0),(0.3,0.0),(0.3,0.1) ) When the second triangle is displayed, wrapping is OK. When the second disappears, wrapping does not occur. What do I do wrong? Are there any special sequence in setting render states, textures, shaders? I discovered another weird thing. When I output the same texture coordinates to oT1 (after oT0) but I don''t load it in the PS, texture wrapping is disabled. So the only difference is the mov oT1,v2 line added in the VS, PS remains the same. I have an ATI 8500LE card, if it helps. Thanks

Advertisement
Well, after some experimenting...

If I use PS 1.3 and load t1, everything works!
If I use PS 1.4, texture wrapping is disabled!

So VS outputs texture coordinates:
mov oT0.xy,v2
mov oT1.xy,v2

PS 1.3 (which works well):

tex t0
tex t1 ;if I leave this out, the above mentioned effect occurs
add r0,v1,t0

PS 1.4 (which doesn''t work):

texld r0,t0
;here doesn''t matter another texld r1,t0 or texld r1,t1
add r0,v1,r0

I initialize both the 0th and 1st texture stage with the same texture.

I hope someone can help me.

• Advertisement