good image import/export library?

Started by
5 comments, last by Fragmo 20 years, 3 months ago
Does anyone know of a good library for importing/exporting image files that can be used in a commercial app?
Advertisement
Devil ? OpenIL formerly.
Should be on sourceforge, try google to locate it.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
openil.sf.net was the link i think.. (just searched earlier today myself)

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

but, i have to state - one more time - that DevIL is unable to load _all_ files - only 99,8% - my compiler is based on DevIL, and it does not read all files from Q3A, for example; althoug i can open them without errors in photoshop and paintshop.
so, you should handle it with care.

DJSnow
---
this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
DJSnow---this post is manually created and therefore legally valid without a signature
Cool, thanks guys
Try NextGenIPL.

I also tried DevIL and Corona but I liked NextGenIPL the best, probably because of its c++ interface and extensibility.

As far as I know it's not open-sourced, so if that's one of your requirements I recommend you go for DevIL.

[ Galactic Conquest | Bananas | My dead site | www.sgi.com | Goegel ]

[edited by - Kurioes on January 6, 2004 4:13:30 PM]
Another free image library is FreeImage, i have never used it myself so you will have to decide for yourself if it is any good but from the features page it does support the reading/writing of quite a large number of formats

My 2D game engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement