Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kevlur

texture mapping

Hi, how can i map every single piece of a bitmap texture to the appropriate polygon? i tried to attach a bitmap to an md2 model, but it apply all the bitmap at every single part of the md2 model(all the bitmap on one arm, all the bitmap o the other arm, all the bitmap on the face, all the bitmap on one leg and all on the other leg...), i would draw in the bitmap every part of the body and then map the parts on the appropriate piece of the md2 model. Thanks Kev

How a texture is applied to a poly is dependant on the texture coordinates. If you''re loading a model then typically the artist has already created texture coordinates on the model to apply the texture as they want it to look. Although you could change them in code, anything other than simple cases (flat planes, spheres and other geometric shapes) is likely to be more trouble than its worth.

”We hate to see a corporation of this country promote the U.N. when we know that it is an instrument of the Soviet Communist conspiracy.”
—San Francisco Chronicle

Yes, but where have i to specificy the texture coordinate, i have md2 model and bitmap file, i dont think in the bitmap is possible, so i have to specificy somewhere the texture coordinate

quote:
Original post by kevlur
Yes, but where have i to specificy the texture coordinate, i have md2 model and bitmap file, i dont think in the bitmap is possible, so i have to specificy somewhere the texture coordinate

You specify the texture coordinates in a 3D modeller.