Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azurianarcher

linker!!!

the directx libraries provided by microsoft are coff, but my linker used omf, i tried to use the provided conversion tool, but it didnt work out too well, can anyone help me with this? after i converted the files, the linker says this: Error: Unresolved external ''_IID_IDirectInput8A'' referenced from C:\MAX\CPP\BASICGAME\BALLGAME\EXECUTABLE\BALLGAME.OBJ Error: Unresolved external ''_c_dfDIKeyboard'' referenced from C:\MAX\CPP\BASICGAME\BALLGAME\EXECUTABLE\BALLGAME.OBJ thanks ~Amx

Send me an email and I''ll help you out.

*Life is like the rock in a sling-shot. Pick a good target, take good aim, and get there as soon as possible!*

quote:
Original post by SiCrane
Actually, it sounds like you left out a .lib file. Did you you link against dinput8.lib?

its linked to dinput8.lib, but those two externals where lost when i tried to convert from coff to omf.

quote:
try linking with:
dinput8.lib
dxguid.lib

im already linked with my omf version of dinput8.lib, i tried linking to my omf version of dxguid.lib but it didnt help.

i looked at the coff libs in notepad and the externals im looking for are deffinatly there, they just dont carry over when i use my compilers coff to omf tool, so i think ill e-mail the first guy, thanks

~Amx