Art

Started by
7 comments, last by The Little Guy 20 years, 3 months ago
Anyone looking for a Free highly rated 3D graphic application? If so I have one for you!! There might be a problem for you it is a 129 Megabite file so it will possibly take a while if your on a 56k modem. Software Requirements Maya requires one of the following operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional, Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 2 or higher) SGI® IRIX® 6.2.15 RedHat™ Linux® 7.3 or 8.0 Apple® Mac® OS X 10.2.4 or higher (Maya Complete ONLY) Maya requires one of the following browsers: Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 4.0 or higher Netscape® 7.0 or higher Hardware Requirements At a minimum, Maya requires a system with: Intel® Pentium® II or higher, AMD Athlon™ processor 512 MB RAM CD-ROM Drive Hardware-Accelerated OpenGL® graphics card 3-button mouse with mouse driver software 450 MB of hard disk space To get this program Click here http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/get_maya_ple.shtml You need to register for it that could take a little bit [edited by - The Little Guy on January 5, 2004 11:17:23 PM]
Advertisement
omfg teh juarez!

MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
Have you ever played, seen, or heard about the game Jak II well if you have I just found out (in a magazine called game developer(if you want to subscribe to game developer click here)) that this program was used to make the game's Art!

[edited by - The Little Guy on January 5, 2004 11:39:08 PM]
Wait, wait.. What is this ''art'' thing you speak of?
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Wait, wait.. What is this ''art'' thing you speak of?

No no, it''s Art.
It creates the 3D models for a game and i think it can also create movies but im not sure about that part.
If you want a little description from the magazine here it is...

Maya 5.0 is a powerhouse 3D application with breadth and depth to cover any 3D project''s needs. The newly interated Mental Ray adds outstanding photorealistic rendering capabilities, while new and improved polygon and subdivision surface tools make game modeling much faster and easier. Still, Maya''s real ace in the hole is its amazing MEL scripting language, which lets you completely customize the program and quickly write tools to provide just about any functionality you can dream up. Maya''s fast, customizable, artist-friendly interface is also an important reason to choose this program.

-Sean Wagstaff
Maya may be highly rated, but it is definitely not free. Maya PLE, aka "Personal Learning Edition," is exactly what it sounds like -- a verson of Maya you can use to learn on, before you invest the several thousand dollars it will take to own a functional copy. PLE renders are watermarked, and you can''t export your files in any meaningful way -- not even to the standard Maya file format. Any work you do in PLE stays in PLE.

If you specifically want to learn Maya, then by all means, get PLE. But if you''re looking for something you can use as an amateur game developer, I''m afraid you have to keep looking.

Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz
"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement