XBOX

Started by
4 comments, last by AceRimmer 20 years, 3 months ago
Just wondering if anyone knows how MS are going to be able to run shaders from the original Xbox games on Xbox 2 which is using ATI technology, not Nvidia hardware. Will there be significant issues with shader compatibility do you think?
Smoke me a kipper, I''ll be back for breakfast.
Advertisement
IGN XBox said today that XBox 2 won''t be backwards compatible.

---signature---" Actually, at the time, I didn't give a damn about the FoxNews issue... just that you would come swooping in with your Super Mith cape flapping behind you and debunk it just because it didn't happen in your living room." - InnocuousFox
XBox 2? Already?! I just got an XBox for Christmas!

Aaaaaaargh! Behind the technology curve already!
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
You just got an XBox? You are already months behind the curve

I''m suprised that it won''t be backwards compatable, the PS2 ran PS1 games, but then again - not knowing the specific architectures, that was a totally trivial statement I just made ^^
Clicky

Maybe it will be backwards compatabile, and that niether ATI or nVIDIA will be in the picture.

I guess that most information available about XBOX 2 will be mostly speculation at this point, since there I don''t see any info about XBOX 2 on MS''s websites.

It will be backwards compatible, IGN are on crack. IGN love speculating about things they know nothing about. There have been numerous articles about the fact that Microsoft would be using Virtual PC which they obtained from their connectix deal last year in order to emulate X86 on Xbox 2 which will be Power PC based.
Smoke me a kipper, I''ll be back for breakfast.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement