Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lesson 1, Problem Closing My Window

This topic is 5122 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been working on my program for a little bit of time, and all of a sudden, I can''t close the window using the X in the upper right corner(I am working on Win2k). Well, if I hit that button twice, the window will close. If I use the ESC key, the program closes fine. I believe my code for the windows interface mirrored NeHe''s lesson 1. I can''t find any differnces, and this code has worked fine before. I was curious if anyone has run into this problem before, and if they know what might be causing this. My best guess as to what is happening, is that when I hit the X, WndProc sends the WM_CLOSE case, which calls PostQuitMessage(0), and then the second click on the X, causes WinMain, to see the WM_QUIT sent by PostQuitMessage, in the PeekMessage command, and then again in WndProc. Shouldn''t the PeekMessage be called fairly frequently, and not need a second event to trigger it? Or am I completely confused about what is going on here? Did I click a setting somewhere(I am using Visual C++ 6.0) to cause for a differnt type of compile? Also, is the code that NeHe uses for the first tutorial, the same basic windows code he uses for all his tutorials, and a good starting place for my windows interface. I ask because I have the book OpenGL Game Programming, and the windows code changes from example to example. I realize parts of it will change as different user input is added, but the basic logic seams to change a little each time. Thanks for any help/insight you can send my way. -Drew

I ran into it a couple of times. Do you have a infinite loop somewhere or an extra thread.

[edited by - Iceman48 on January 6, 2004 10:40:31 PM]

quote:
Original post by Endurion
Are you using a HWND handle in PeekMessage/GetMessage?

If yes, set that param to NULL.

Thank you, this fixed it.