MFC toolbox child windows

Started by
0 comments, last by Starfall 23 years, 9 months ago
I''m trying to make some toolbox windows for my MFC SDI program. Basically the problem I''m running into is that they are not "active" when my application is active (the title box is greyed out). Also, when I minimize the program, they stay on the screen (though I have been able to fiddle this by playing with the flags). Basically I just want them to be active when the application is, and disappear when the application minimizes. Not too bothered about them being able to go outside the bounds of the main application window or not (they can at the moment though). Does anyone have any pointers on making windows like this, or know of any good online resources? I couldn''t find anything relevant to my particular problem at codeguru.com which is where I usually look for MFC related information. Thanks! Starfall
Advertisement
You can fix the "staying on the screen" problem by sending your tool windows a message whenever the main application processes an OnSize with nType of WM_MINIMIZED.

Then again, you might just want to use docking/floating toolbars. I know there are several resources regarding these on Codeguru, they''re really quite a nice feature and are, I believe, what programs like Paintshop Pro use for their floating tool bars. Reference your msdn libraries for "docking toolbars", there is a sample application demonstrating docking and floating toolbars there as well. They''re really quite nice.

HTH
-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement