Fantasy Instrumental Theme.. Opinion..

Started by
17 comments, last by BTEK 20 years, 3 months ago
I forgot to say one thing .. OFF TOPIC ON:

I''ve spent many money in the past years purchasing music hardware,but the better money spent to date is having purchased reason! i think it''s a "great piece of software" ,even the support that propellerheads offer is top notch in my opinion..(they solved a problem of mine very quickly!)

I warmly suggest to all to take a look at this low expensive digital audio solution for today''s composers!

OFF TOPIC : OFF :-))))

Advertisement
I like that song! Especially the second half of the song starting at 1:24, sounds really epic and heroic. Love the subtle background vocals. My only complaints of the song would be there seems to be a tad too much reverb and some of the samples sound a bit tinny.
i''m happy you like it xmark.. :-)

about the reverb : you think too much? it''s hard to deal with
reverb .. :-)) i added a lot of reverb on the drums cause i wanted a "deep" sound of of them.maybe there''s too much on the strings... i will take note of this in the final version thanks for the hint! :-)

about the samples : the samples lose "much" in mp3 format , it plays more & more realistic while listening in 48khz without compression... :-((

i''m preparing a mail for next christmas : i want i real ensemble of 120 musicians!!! lol... ;-)))

Best...
Nice work BTEX... only one thing hehe I don''t hear any French Horn parts haha. Thats my primary instrument in college right now just a personal thing . I liked the work especially midway into it the blend and the strings comming through etc..
Matt BangertVice President IGWorldwww.igworld.org/.com"The Best kept secret in the Gaming World."
Thanks you lazsnipe!

Thank you for your comment!.. :-)

No, no french horn used (if i remember well..) :-))
btw i like the sound of the french horn.. ;-)

here''s is a new excerpt of the soundtrack (it''s in the "very early stage" maybe too early i know.. :-((

Best..

"The Longest Journey" 1.392.640 (size)(1:09 Lenght)

http://utenti.lycos.it/btek/tlj.mp3
I listened to both your songs and I liked them really much!! Keep up the great work! Wish we had a music guy in our group

}-- Programmer/Gamer/Dreamer --{

sh1t, I didn''t choose to code. coding choose me.
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
Thank you too serema.. i''m glad you liked my songs.. very glad.!

It''s a "Great" help you all guys are giving to me!! trust me..

I''m happy cause it seems i''m going in the right way.. :-)

PS: if someday someone will start a new fantasy project i will be very proud to be the sound "artist" of it! (if he/she will like my style of composing obviously!!) ;-))

Thanks again folks!!

Best..
I''ve listened to the the 2 themes...

In my opinion they''re good,but they seems more "film inspired" than "game inspired".. BTW Good Work!!
I will fit them in a fantasy movie aswell..

I like the "heroic" feeling.The track was made using "orkester" in reason?

Bye! (keep up the good work!)

1)Yes..they are "film inspired" because i like very much movie themes ex: "conan the barbarian" by basil poledouris(a great soundtrack in my opinion)

2) Yes made with the reason orkester soundbank.

Glad you like..

Best..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement