Fantasy Instrumental Theme.. Opinion..

Started by
17 comments, last by BTEK 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi to all.. I Recently finished a Soundtrack for a Fantasy project to do with a friend of mine.. I would be thankful to know what you all think about it.. The song it''s called "The Horn Of War" and it''s an excerpt from the soundtrack. Thanks in advance! http://utenti.lycos.it/btek/how.mp3
Advertisement
Definitely brings to mind warriors and battle. Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if replacing the ride cymbal to a hand cymbal, shaker, or tamborine would give it a more outside feel? The rest of the drums sound great.
-solo (my site)
Excellent,I''m not really familiar with many different instruments to give you some extra advise as 5010 did but the theme was really touching,very atmospheric,keep up the good work,and excelent sample of your work I think,your friend should be very happy!
"Ho-Hum"
sorry about the off-topic, but what''s with the numeric user names?
5010 = "SOLO"

I''m a solo performer.

-solo (my site)
-solo (my site)
Thanks for your time..

I''m happy that you liked it , !

to 5010 :

probably i will do several version of some parts
of the soundtrack and i will try adding instruments "that
add feels of something outside.." it''s a good hint 5010 thanks
for it!

to 2501:

i''m glad you liked it..i''m trying to do something "emotive and evocative" i know it''s a hard work.. but i''m trying.. :-)

thanks again for your reviews.. it''s a great help for me!
Thnx,2501 is just inspired by ghost in the shell anime because the username I wanted existed.
Anyway,are you interested making some music for a project of mine sometime?I will talk to you about it if you are interested in the near future when I complete more of my ideas.
Besides that,is a workstation needed for good music making?They are really expensive and I''m not having that high budget.
I also hope to hear more music from you soon.
"Ho-Hum"
hmmm,i think that''s the primary thing to do is think which kind
of music do you want to create,example these days i''m recording "real choruses" for being added to some parts of the soundtrack.I''ve listened to many chorus sampled and in my humble opinion they lack of "human heat" it''s hard to describe..btw.

About the second question : not in this moment,cause i''m very busy with my real work (not musical :-( ) and in the spare time i work 110% on this project to make my friends proud.. ;-))
( i try to give the 110% out of myself , also if it''s a "hobby Project" i try always to reach the "A" mark within every thing i do.. :-)))) (i fail everytime) lol..

Btw : contact me and try to explain which kind of project do you have in mind.. ok?

Best..
Man, that is good. I wasn''t so sure how I felt about it when I first heard it, but by the end I wanted to hear it again. Now I''m listening to it a third time! Great work!

BTW, mirroring 2501''s question: what kind software do you use? My friend and I are making a fantasy RPG and, being the "creative" one, I''m planning on doing some music for it.

-----------------------
I am 0x539. Are you?
----------------------- I am 0x539. Are you?
Glad you liked it quantum..!

The Track was composed under cubase vst (at my friend''s house ,he got much more audio equipment than me) agh!! :-))

Then completed using Reason (i purchased the last copy just in time and it has arrived before christmas , i have made myself a little present !!) :-)

Btw : this is a 2:51 min of a 59:40.00 Soundtrack Playtime (and in my opinion it''s not the best part..) the final version of "horn of war" will feature real female choruses recorded live,and after the first mix they''ve added another "feel" to the track.

Good Luck with your sountrack.. ! :-)

Best..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement