Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ritual Magic

Star Wars:KoToR engine...WOW

Ritual Magic    132
Anyone seen it - talk about nice.. Great graphics, sound, UI, etc etc etc. Just class... RM. ------------------------------------------------------------ Yes. it''''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!

Ritual Magic    132
heh Not sure about it being great to be Irish, as I haven''t tried being any other nationalty yet heheh :D

Yes, it''s Knights of the Old Republic, and it''s available on PC too.

RM.

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
games pretty good i own it for xbox but im lead to believe the PC version is better graphically due to screen shots. you said engine has it been released or just commenting on the game itself?

Doolwind    213
The graphics are really well done...and the game itself is one of the best I''ve played in recent years. If you have a fast enough PC it''s graphics are even better than the XBox version.

I believe it is built on the Neverwinter Nights engine.

Doolwind

---------------------------------------------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
Matthew 6:27

Ritual Magic    132
Don''t think the engine has been released - just saying that I found it to be an incredible game, and from a programmers point of view, a damn fine engine.

It wasn''t built with the Neverwinter Nights engine as far as I know - at least not graphically. Both games do use the D&D 3rd edition rules for stats/rolls/saves etc though.

RM.

Negitivefrags    100
I played it at a friends house (pc version) but didnt like it, the controls seem very sloppy to me (but I find many console ports are like that) + I dont really like that kind of stop/start gameplay

Doolwind    213
quote:
Original post by Ritual Magic
Don''t think the engine has been released - just saying that I found it to be an incredible game, and from a programmers point of view, a damn fine engine.

It wasn''t built with the Neverwinter Nights engine as far as I know - at least not graphically. Both games do use the D&D 3rd edition rules for stats/rolls/saves etc though.

RM.

It is built using the "Aurora Engine" which is the one used for Neverwinter Nights:

RPG Vault Article

It will be interesting to see if Aurora lasts as long as the Infinity Engine as it is still being used years after it was first created.

Doolwind

---------------------------------------------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
Matthew 6:27

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Its a good game, but it seem rather 2dish to me. I mean very few elevation changes.

Another thing a I didn''t like about it was that the worlds seemed canned. By that I mean you have the all these planets to explore, yet the player very limited in what you can actually see and do on these worlds. I guess I prefer the open endedness of a game like Morrowind.

But I must admit that I am addicted to Pazaak (are there any Pazaak anonynous meetings in this galaxy?)