Star Wars:KoToR engine...WOW

Started by
11 comments, last by Ritual Magic 20 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by Ritual Magic
Don''t think the engine has been released - just saying that I found it to be an incredible game, and from a programmers point of view, a damn fine engine.

It wasn''t built with the Neverwinter Nights engine as far as I know - at least not graphically. Both games do use the D&D 3rd edition rules for stats/rolls/saves etc though.

RM.

It is built using the "Aurora Engine" which is the one used for Neverwinter Nights:

RPG Vault Article

It will be interesting to see if Aurora lasts as long as the Infinity Engine as it is still being used years after it was first created.

Doolwind

---------------------------------------------------------
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life.
Matthew 6:27
Advertisement
I stand corrected! Thanks for the link Doolwind - off to read that now

RM.
------------------------------------------------------------Yes. it''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!
Its a good game, but it seem rather 2dish to me. I mean very few elevation changes.

Another thing a I didn''t like about it was that the worlds seemed canned. By that I mean you have the all these planets to explore, yet the player very limited in what you can actually see and do on these worlds. I guess I prefer the open endedness of a game like Morrowind.

But I must admit that I am addicted to Pazaak (are there any Pazaak anonynous meetings in this galaxy?)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement