direct3d logo in ordinary window

Started by
1 comment, last by guy lateur 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi all, I''m relatively new to directx/windows programming (using xp, msvcpp6, dx90b), and I was wondering if anybody has any pointers (skeleton code, mnemonics, tutorials, ..) to displaying a directx canvas within (as part of) a regular application window. You know, like the kind you might get when setting the 3d properties of some graphic cards. Thing is, I regularly program some (simple, dedicated) applications and I''d like a kind of style/layout-template for them all. Semi-professional, I guess. As much as I would like to figure out how this can be done by trial and error, I find myself preoccupied by things like direct3d, -sound and -input at this time, so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! g PS: on a related node: you know those non-rectangular window borders (like in media player 9). Would it be possible to have the transparency of some parts (eg borders) of your window animated by directx? Just checking..
Advertisement
You can render to an offscreen surface (texture) and then read back the data by locking the texture. Stuff it into a DIB, and blit to window. Not terribly efficient, but gets the job done (and is quite fast for small bitmaps).
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

DirectX can Present to any window, so all you''d have to do is add an invisible control and use that as the window to Present to.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement