Ripping apart Perfect Dark

Started by
15 comments, last by Paul Cunningham 23 years, 8 months ago
quote:By Niphty
Paul paul paul.. still at it, i see?

At course, at course How can i stop?

I think i''m up to about Challange 18 as well. I play it once a week or twice. Its starting to get really bloody frustrating

Although we''re hacking through the co-op levels pretty well. Air Force One has just crashed.

When it comes to the Deathmatch i do wish there were more maps or something. Kind of like, i wish there was more to do in deathmatch. Maybe if you could control other things in deathmatch or something would be good. I don''t know, there just seems to be something missing.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Advertisement
You open up a lot of the maps by beating the callenges. I think once you beat them all it shows up some other stuff.

I''ve beat the game solo and in co-op. MOST of the missions are designed for pure solo, but co-op helps. Some of them co-op is pointless on. I wish it had different objectives for co-op, and better layout. The thing is, it just gets old after a while sitting and waiting for player 1 to go finish something so you can come join in the fray. and if they die trying to do it, then.. oops! LOL. Some better thought there would be nice.

I hate the 2 and 4 player screen looks. UGH! they''re so tiny of screens that it''s really hard to get much done. That''s something computers will ALWAYS have over consoles in multiplayer games.

Hey paul, i''ll shoot you an email tonight if i remember it, and tell ya some more about this and such

J
Email me any time You get the Dark Sim btw when you complete all the challanges which is better than the perfect sim. Just thought i''d add that in.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Ok, i just finished Perfect Dark on Agent level. Here''s a few more things that i liked and disliked.

1. The last level (Skedar Ruins) was pathetic - The Game Designer gave you no clue on how to beat the final boss, now after having to resort to a walkthough i know the you have to shoot him until his shield turns green then shoot at a statue and blow pieces of it whilst shooting at the boss once in a while when he regenerates his shield. How pathetic.

2. Mission objects - there wasn''t really anything new in the game, really the one thing that made this game so good too me was that they didn''t do to many bad/stuff ups.

If i''d have to brief say what i though about perfect dark was that it had so very good physics. Tonnes of Weapons. Best Deathmatch yet. But it''s still you typical linear FPS. Oh, well lets see whats different when i play Special Agent.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I agreee, the last level was crap. But if you wore the infared goggles, you could see the invis ones

The last boss i knew you had to shoot the thing. There was something that hinted to it afore that. Elvis said something about it or Joanna did. It was something about his power coming from the shrine. And to get at the shrine you had to first remove its shielding. The first time I faced him, he rocketed me the second i walked in the door, and that was it. After spending forever walking around with those goggles on, and my heart racing, well.. it was disappointing.

J
No-one I''ve heard can actually tell me anything really impressive about this game (although I admit to never having played it). I can''t help but wonder if it doesn''t just fall into the old Resident Evil / Zelda 64 / GoldenEye / Final Fantasy 7 category of "console games that are hopelessly overrated by people who never played some of the better PC games".

All IMHO, of course.
Look! Perfect Dark was THE greatest game to come out for N64. Period. The fact of the matter is that shooting someone in the gut on a game and hearing them cry out,"Why Me?" is just plain ammusing. Nuff said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement