why is c# better for game development than c++(you can be vague)

Started by
298 comments, last by normalme 19 years, 10 months ago
i have a few guesses, is it the syntax of the future? is it optimized for preformance? is it optimized for clarity? is it the language that you can use java with?
Advertisement
garbage collection ONLY!!!!

quote:
Dick''s Lemma:
"Just because you`re paranoid doesn`t mean they`re not out to get you."

The Programmer''s dilemma:
"Programming is like sex: One mistake and you''re providing
support for a lifetime."
Cartman's definition of sexual harrasement:"When you are trying to have intercourse with a lady friend, and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind"(watch South Park, it rocks)
It''s simple. No pointers, no malloc, no templates, more basic functions already available to you from microsoft, Longhorn(in all its bad''ness). But since you have asked why is it better im not going to say its shortcomings.
so, C#''s short commings outweigh c++''s short comming, thus MAKING IT BETTER?
quote:Original post by HippieHunter
It''s simple. No pointers, no malloc, no templates,

It has pointers, and it''s going to get generics(templates).

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:is it the syntax of the future?

The syntax isn''t hugely different from C/C++/Java.

quote:is it optimized for preformance?

That''s a pretty meaningless question since C# is a language. You can''t really say a language is optimized for performance, although you could ask whether a C# compiler produces nicely optimized code.

quote:is it the language that you can use java with?

That''s extremely vague, and bordering on meaningless. Use java how?
is there a difference in preformance between c++ and c#,

and, i thought that c.net had a java interface, i was more like wondering if c# was the same language that the c.net compiler uses cause theres a free c# compiler that i might download and jump on the bandwagon.
You could also download the .NET Framework SDK from microsoft.com, it comes with a free C# compiler, but no IDE.

later
Doesn''t any C# developed program presently require the client (person running the program) to have the .NET Framework installed presently?

that alone is it''s greatest shortcoming imo.

c++ > c#
There is a quote in one of my c++ books that goe something like this "the most important thing that c++ inherits from c, is its speed" c# doesnt... c++ > c#
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement