• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

normalme

why is c# better for game development than c++(you can be vague)

This topic is 5292 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have a few guesses, is it the syntax of the future? is it optimized for preformance? is it optimized for clarity? is it the language that you can use java with?

Advertisement
garbage collection ONLY!!!!

quote:

Dick''s Lemma:
"Just because you`re paranoid doesn`t mean they`re not out to get you."

The Programmer''s dilemma:
"Programming is like sex: One mistake and you''re providing
support for a lifetime."

It''s simple. No pointers, no malloc, no templates, more basic functions already available to you from microsoft, Longhorn(in all its bad''ness). But since you have asked why is it better im not going to say its shortcomings.

quote:
is it the syntax of the future?

The syntax isn''t hugely different from C/C++/Java.

quote:
is it optimized for preformance?

That''s a pretty meaningless question since C# is a language. You can''t really say a language is optimized for performance, although you could ask whether a C# compiler produces nicely optimized code.

quote:
is it the language that you can use java with?

That''s extremely vague, and bordering on meaningless. Use java how?

is there a difference in preformance between c++ and c#,

and, i thought that c.net had a java interface, i was more like wondering if c# was the same language that the c.net compiler uses cause theres a free c# compiler that i might download and jump on the bandwagon.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Doesn''t any C# developed program presently require the client (person running the program) to have the .NET Framework installed presently?

that alone is it''s greatest shortcoming imo.

c++ > c#

There is a quote in one of my c++ books that goe something like this "the most important thing that c++ inherits from c, is its speed" c# doesnt... c++ > c#

This topic is 5292 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.