Need feedback for my portfolio

Started by
13 comments, last by yatl 20 years, 3 months ago

Well, Iloyd, you''re right indeed, wine is my secret weapon for all my work (but be quiet, that''s not good for my resumé!)

Thaks for ur comment, c ya!

Yatl.
Advertisement
Well, I can`t program a line when I drink a wine. Wine is a synonymum for a nice and calm evening for me, not for work. But I can see that artists can "see" more stuff while being in good mood .

But as for resume, it [wine] is good ! You are not a lone-wolf, like to share other people`s presence, a team player, so I`d definitely mention it during personal interview

BTW, here is a site where you can find some jobs in UK - it`s a specialized agency for Game related jobs - one of the best-known in the industry - Aardvark Swift . If you`d like more links, let me know, I`ll browse more through my bookmarks.

VladR
Avenger 3D game

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

VladR, you are nice for sure!

I was joking for wine, I hardly ever drink some, even if it''s not because I hate it, just because I like to drink wine only for great opportunities

I''ve no time to look at this site this evening (I''m going to work), but I''ll see this tomorrow and I''ll tell you what I may think about it. Thanks my friend!

See you VladR

Yatl.

quote:Original post by yatl

VladR, you are nice for sure! Well, there`s a tie of nostalgy among people who have experienced Atari, you know what I mean ? I barely find few people per year that seem to remember playing Atari...
quote:Original post by yatl
I was joking for wine, I hardly ever drink some, even if it''s not because I hate it, just because I like to drink wine only for great opportunities
I know, that`s why I put smilies in my previous post. Personally, I like the wine (white, dry,5-10 yrs old) very much, unfortunately, can`t afford them, since good wines (for me) start at $10 per bottle which is way too much in my country for just a single bottle of wine
But nevertheless, at least on anniversaries, I buy some good wine.
quote:Original post by yatl I''ve no time to look at this site this evening (I''m going to work), but I''ll see this tomorrow and I''ll tell you what I may think about it. Thanks my friend!
At least you`ll consider another option where to move in your life, which can never hurt.
quote:Original post by yatl See you VladR
See Ya In UK in GameDev company

VladR
Avenger 3D game

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

Ho. I''ve been on Aardvarkswift.com this morning.

Skills in 3d modeling and animation seem to be required in most of the vacancies, and I feel a bit worried since my work is 2D only. I''ve been modeling for only one or two weeks on Maya and have no experience at all on 3DSMax. 3D is now everywhere and I wonder if there is still any place for a young 2D-only artist!

Maybe should I learn more of these 3D programs... Or maybe should I improve faster my skills in my favorite domain (2D, Photoshop, Painter...) to compensate this lack of experience with 3D.I do not know.

Doubt and fear... :<

Yatl.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement