Need feedback for my portfolio

Started by
13 comments, last by yatl 20 years, 3 months ago
Hi! My first portfolio''s been completed a few days ago, and I''d be glad to know what people think about it. I just hope you won''t mind if there are so many errors in english remaining-- I''m french and I''ve spent only two days doing the translation, due to urgent needs. Btw, as far as I can remember, that''s the first time I''m writing in english on a forum since I left school (about 10 years ago...). that doesn''t make things easy So please go at this adress: http://yatl.net/ Thank you for ur visit, Yatl.
Advertisement
Design was great. I liked it really much. It`s rarely you can see sites like this one. Your CV was a really interesting idea and I like you current job - it`s so far from creation of games just like my job. I too made my first graphics with Poke & Peek commands in Atari Basic. You played also with Player-Missile-Graphics (PMG) on Atari ?

As for your artwork, it`s Perfect ! I would definitely benefit from it in my games, though can`t afford to pay you real cash.

Good luck in finding a job in France. Have you thought of relocating to UK ? They need quite a lot of people into game industry.

See Ya
VladR

VladR
Avenger 3D game

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

hi there,

about the website:

very simple style that appeals to the visitor, really quick and very user friendly and not heavy at all even for slower computers. i really liked it!

about your work:

the pangaea looks really good. your artwork its just about the style i like, and i think it is really good, enjoyed a lot.

keep up the very good work

[edited by - a2ps on January 7, 2004 10:13:43 AM]
yet, another stupid signature..
Nice Work, Good Luck in your projects

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
I love the look and layout of your site. So many people abuse flash, your site uses it just the right amount. Some suggestions. I would group the images together. The subjects are really scattered, so I would group creature drawings, weapon drawings, and landscap drawings together. I absolutely love your style, but it looks like landscapes and inanimates are your strong point over human form. I would group your strongest work upfront, and place the weaker pieces near the end. I just noticed a few anatomy issues, so if I noticed it so will the person giving you your next job Great work, good luck with it.
Write more poetry.http://www.Me-Zine.org

Thanks you all for the comments!

You''re right, Inversed, about the anatomy issues. Even if I don''t spent much time on each picture (5 to 8 hours for a static character design), I still feel weak with some parts of the anatomy, specially the hands. Actually I''ve been studying seriously for only 14 months, and that''s after 8 years of no creation at all! (btw my last computer work before last year''s end was on Atari St with Degas Elite...) In a few months, I hope my hard work will give me enough knowledge and experience to overcome these problems.

I''ll put some more "dynamic" pictures in a few weeks. You''re right on this point too: my gallery has a big flaw showing quite only static creatures and landscapes.I''ve got some spaceships and robots in preparation, waiting to be completed on photoshop and some scenes of battles, but I am not satisfied about them...

To VladR: I''m glad to meet someone as crazy as me, having played with peeks and pokes on the old 8bits machines! But, sorry, I don''t know (or don''t remember) PMG. After peeks and pokes, my first drawing program was a strange thing made by Rainbird on Atari ST. As for the idea to apply for a job in UK, I fear my wife won''t feel ok for that. She doesn''t speak english at all and it would be hard for her to have a job herself in UK... At last, thanks for ur comment!

See ya all!

Yatl.
quote:Original post by yatl
To VladR: I''m glad to meet someone as crazy as me, having played with peeks and pokes on the old 8bits machines! But, sorry, I don''t know (or don''t remember) PMG. After peeks and pokes, my first drawing program was a strange thing made by Rainbird on Atari ST. As for the idea to apply for a job in UK, I fear my wife won''t feel ok for that. She doesn''t speak english at all and it would be hard for her to have a job herself in UK... At last, thanks for ur comment!
So just make her learn English. It never hurts to know other language. Besides, depending on your living standard (how many ferraris you need ), it would be possible for you to feed whole family just from your salary (25k pounds annually) till she finds some job (if she already doesn`t have a good job or heavy family ties in France). Just my idea though (since I`ve been to London few times last year and have seen their costs of living - basically food costs minimally, transport - having a car in London is of more problems than benefit, so use just subway and the most costly one is just the apartment - but you can find really nice&big apartment for families for 800 pounds per month). Just think about it...

VladR
Avenger 3D game

VladR My 3rd person action RPG on GreenLight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92951596

Oh, yes, I''ve ask my wife if she would mind going to UK, and despite her loss of skill in english, she truly loves the idea!

Gargl, you know my wife better than I do, VladR! )

It will help me seeing some more doors opened, thanks

Yatl.

French artists are the best. Why do you think that is? Must be the wine. ;-)
I like it

It''s Maxd Gaming, put in an underscore and I will beat you with a rubber ducky!
{ Check out my Forum } { My First Space Art (Ever) }{ My Second Space Art (Ever) }{ A upcoming space RTS codenamed Gruntacktica . }{ . }
The Untitled RPG - |||||||||| 40%Free Music for your gamesOriginal post by capn_midnight 23yrold, is your ass burning from all the kissing it is recieving?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement