Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevPartner free profiler

This topic is 5090 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m getting conflicting reports on whether its worthwhile to install this. I would like to start profiling my application already (pushing towards a 0.1 release). Cedric mentioned earlier that he can''t get the thing to uninstall properly, which really worries me. Others have said it works fine for them with unmanaged C++, and still others can''t get it to work properly. I''d be using it with unmanaged C++. I know to turn whole program optimization off in order to make it work. I think I''ll just make a new configuration. But if you can''t remove it I don''t want to hose up my system. I''m just interested in what people think about it nowadays. I use Visual Studio.NET 2003.

It seems to work well enough. The single biggest gripe I have is that it doesn''t understand templates very well. For example, if you have a function template it does not profile that line-by-line; instead, it just gives a time taken for the entire function. This is obviously quite annoying.