Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShaneD

I got the Windows blues

I am attempting to learn the basics of MFC and have a bunch of questions that the book I amreading doesn''t seem to answer. First of all, does anybody know the technical difference between "managed" and "unmanaged" project types (VS.NET)? The big problem is that I''m trying to compile my first "Hello, MFC" type windows application, and I''m getting serious linker errors. So I''ll just itemize my two questions, and if any of you guys (and gals) can help peck away at it I would be most-thankful. (1) The author specifies to create a new Win32 "Application." My student-version only provides for Win32 Projects - are they one in the same? If not, what does the author *really* mean when he says Win32 Application? (2) I need to tweak some settings in my Project. The author specifies to navigate to the Project menu, then click on Settings and set my solution to "Use MFC in a Shared DLL." My Project menu doesn''t support the Settings option. Where is it? I have VS.NET 2003 student-edition. HELP ME!!

1. It is a Win32 project. The end result produces a Win32 application.

2. The project settings have been moved to a property dialog that is accessible from the solution explorer window. Right click on your project in the treeview (not the solution) and the options you are looking for are under "Use of MFC" on the right.