Game Review Site

Started by
17 comments, last by spl1nter 20 years, 2 months ago
I have just opened a new game review site and was wondering if you guys might be interested: Game HideOut To submit a game for review or preview, e-mail me at webmaster@excitingprospects.co.uk with your name (or companies name), a link to the game's site (if you have one) and a link to the actual game itself. Please do not send the games in the e-mail. Also, I am currently looking for more reviewers so if you want to help, take a look below: 1. We review FREE games and mods 2. The work will be unpayed 3. I will be the one who will issue you with links to download games. It is NOT Game HideOuts responsibility if a game damages your computer in any way 4. You've got to be half decent at English 5. You need no previous experience or anything 6. All you do need in fact is a computer, an internet connection, a bit of free time, good humour (I can be a bit stupid sometimes, but you'll get used to it ) and that is about it If this appeals to you, or you are just game for anything, e-mail me at webmaster@excitingprospects.co.uk or reply to this post. I will need a trial review of any game you like, your name, whether you have broadband or not and what type of games you like. Thanks a lot, TD. [edited by - spl1nter on January 7, 2004 3:57:18 PM]
Find game reviews and previews at Game HideOut.Submit your game here. If you are posting an incomplete game (and therefore if requires a preview) please write " - Preview" after the game's name.
Advertisement
Just realised that there is another freeware games review site in this forum just a couple of topics down. Pretty big coincedence especially as they were released 3 days apart (mine on 1st Jan, his 4th Jan).

Ah well, a bit of healthy competition never did me any harm

Find game reviews and previews at Game HideOut.Submit your game here. If you are posting an incomplete game (and therefore if requires a preview) please write " - Preview" after the game's name.
I wish you luck with your Reviews site. Just to clear up IGW has been around for a year www.igworld.com domain which is being moved over to our new servers. When we started it last year it was a tough time with both members having to go off and do real life things such as boot camp and starting of college it made working on it impossible. We both now have time and have revived it at the beginning of January.

IGWorld is not just a reviews site its a place for independent games to get some spotlight and a place for game enthusiasts to meet and chat on the forums/irc.

I wish your site the best of luck and invite you to work with IGWorld if things do not fair well with your site. I also welcome a banner exchange once we get some graphics designed.

Best of luck.

Matt Bangert
Vice President IGWorld
www.igworld.org/.com
"If your looking for somewhere to start check us out first."
Matt BangertVice President IGWorldwww.igworld.org/.com"The Best kept secret in the Gaming World."
quote:Original post by Lazsnipe
I wish you luck with your Reviews site. Just to clear up IGW has been around for a year www.igworld.com domain which is being moved over to our new servers. When we started it last year it was a tough time with both members having to go off and do real life things such as boot camp and starting of college it made working on it impossible. We both now have time and have revived it at the beginning of January.

Sorry, I hadn''t noticed your topic before. There was another topic posted below yours and I was referring to that site.

BUMP

*rubs head*

"Ouch"

I would be interested.
my name is cody
my email is: crxgames@yahoo.com
I will email you with a review within two days.

Boo!! I know all.
I just want to say that you can now submit your games using an online form by going here: Game HideOut

[edited by - spl1nter on January 18, 2004 10:05:56 AM]
It''s great to see more sites focusing on the world of independent games! Here I thought Game Tunnel, DIY, Bytten, and Indie Gamer were the only ones. With some luck I hope that all the sites can work together and become mutually benefitial to one another. It''s certainly a hard road, but there''s so many great indie games out there that it''s easy to come up with content.

Gregory Micek
Editor-In-Chief
DIYGames.com
Gregory MicekEditor-In-ChiefDIYGames.com
quote:Original post by Gregory Micek
It''s certainly a hard road, but there''s so many great indie games out there that it''s easy to come up with content.

My thoughts exactly :D. I need people to submit more games though.

Find game reviews and previews at Game HideOut.

Submit your game here. If you are posting an incomplete game (and therefore if requires a preview) please write " - Preview" after the game''s name.
Hey,

I'm sorry, but the reviews probably won't really start to appear until february. This is due to the fact that many of our reviewers seem to have decided to leave us without warning. As an amateur site, this is quite hard on us and we are currently trying to get more reviewers.

I am sorry for the delay and I will contact you when your review is posted. Do you know of anyone who would be interested in helping us review games? This would help us fill the shortage quickly and we would then be able to get your reviews up sooner. If you wish more info click here please.

Thanks a lot,

TD.

Find game reviews and previews at Game HideOut.

Submit your game here. If you are posting an incomplete game (and therefore if requires a preview) please write " - Preview" after the game's name.

[edited by - spl1nter on January 23, 2004 2:50:19 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement