• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Igilima

Does Visual C++ .NET implement C99, more specifically does this compile in VC.NET?

This topic is 5303 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does Visual C++ .NET compile a macro with a variable number of arguments? example LOG(...) \ { \ LogText(__VA_ARGS__); \ }

Advertisement
So we have to wait for Visual C++ 7.0? Any info on when that is supposed to be out? I am assuming .NET is not 7.0.

Wonderful... So to get C99 in Visual C++ we have to wait for version 8.0 or later.

Hmm, is there a way to use the gcc compiler from within the Visual C++ 6.0 IDE? LOL

I am sure there is. I would assume you can simply create a batch file to compile your project with gcc. Find the option in VC++ to disable the up to date check for when you run or debug a project. Then simply run the batch file before the debugger.

I thought there was a rollout trick to have the macro have variable argument list. It's in the smart asset library. Hmm, let me look it up.

Here it is: http://www.cuj.com/documents/s=8464/cujcexp0308alexandr

[edited by - Newfound Ajarn on January 7, 2004 7:08:12 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!