Does Visual C++ .NET implement C99, more specifically does this compile in VC.NET?

Started by
18 comments, last by Igilima 20 years, 3 months ago
Does Visual C++ .NET compile a macro with a variable number of arguments? example LOG(...) \ { \ LogText(__VA_ARGS__); \ }
Advertisement
No.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Argh. You know this because you have tried it?
Yes. And from the specs.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
So we have to wait for Visual C++ 7.0? Any info on when that is supposed to be out? I am assuming .NET is not 7.0.
VC++.Net 2002 is VC++ 7.0
VC++.Net 2003 is VC++ 7.1

Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
Wonderful... So to get C99 in Visual C++ we have to wait for version 8.0 or later.

Hmm, is there a way to use the gcc compiler from within the Visual C++ 6.0 IDE? LOL
I am sure there is. I would assume you can simply create a batch file to compile your project with gcc. Find the option in VC++ to disable the up to date check for when you run or debug a project. Then simply run the batch file before the debugger.
I thought there was a rollout trick to have the macro have variable argument list. It's in the smart asset library. Hmm, let me look it up.

Here it is: http://www.cuj.com/documents/s=8464/cujcexp0308alexandr

[edited by - Newfound Ajarn on January 7, 2004 7:08:12 PM]
VLAjarn: Cause it (linux) NEVER crashesMrPr0Grmer: lol ur wrongMrPr0Grmer: RedHat crashesVLAjarn: I'm saying good builds of linux
AFAIK MS have no intentions of implementing C99.
char a[99999],*p=a;int main(int c,char**V){char*v=c>0?1[V]:(char*)V;if(c>=0)for(;*v&&93!=*v;){62==*v&&++p||60==*v&&--p||43==*v&&++*p||45==*v&&--*p||44==*v&&(*p=getchar())||46==*v&&putchar(*p)||91==*v&&(*p&&main(0,(char**)(--v+2))||(v=(char*)main(-1,(char**)++v)-1));++v;}else for(c=1;c;c+=(91==*v)-(93==*v),++v);return(int)v;}  /*** drpizza@battleaxe.net ***/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement