PE File format, changed?

Started by
3 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 20 years, 3 months ago
I noticed that somthing is differnt about the PE file format for executables linked with the 7.1 linker? I noticed this while trying to compress my exe using UPX to make it smaller for download. What changed about it anyone know? coder requires 0xf00d before continue().
Killer Eagle Software [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on January 7, 2004 6:24:56 PM]
Advertisement
Pietrek''s Feb 2003 MSDN article on PE File internals mentions a few changes to the spec, you might want to check it out to see if it accounts for the changes that you have observed.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
have a link? I can't find on ms?

[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on January 7, 2004 12:06:24 AM]
I think he meant February 2002, because I couldn''t find anything on the PE format in the February 2003 issue. This is what I found.
No I meant 2003, but I was incorrect. It seems like it was only last year. Ach! Tempus Fugit. At any rate, yes that''s the article. Don''t forget to check out the second part of it too.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement