• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rottbott

Another Life open BETA started! Get your copy here!

This topic is 5175 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, Another Life (an MMORPG being written by me) is just going into open BETA testing, and I need you all to download it and have a play! Screenshots and a download available on the website: Another Life!

Advertisement
I''ll be downloading it on Tuesday or Wednesday. We have broadband then so download will be faster. Looks liek a good game! I''ll be doing BETA!

Make me a game.
Ben@Wickedarcade.co.uk! We''''ll publish what you create!

Excellent, see you on soon then!

Note to anyone having trouble with a "Player object deleted" error message, please keep checking back for updates, I''m working on fixing this problem at the moment.

Another Life!

quote:
Original post by Rottbott
Another Life (an MMORPG being written by me) is just going into open BETA testing, and I need you all to download it and have a play!

Cool, I''ll be downloading it this evening. can''t wait to ride one of those horses.

Sounds like a good game (though I would defenitly work on better graphics), but I can''t play it as I have a firewall.. Sorry..

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

Fidelio66, see you on later

CPPMaster Poppet, the graphics are being constantly improved by a friend of mine. At the moment a lot of the graphics were done by me, which is why they are so bad

Why does a firewall stop you playing? It should work fine behind a firewall!

Another Life!

When I try to run the Another Life.exe it says "Invalid Stream Handle". Your game looks good and I wanted to play it but uis their any way around this "bug" or is it just my PC? Anyone else having the same problem??

WICKED PUBLISHING!
INDEPENDENT PUBLISHER
AND GAME DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Ben@Wickedarcade.co.uk

Wicked Arcade,

That sounds like it''s trying to open a file that is not accessible. Check you unzipped with subfolders turned on. Check that \Data\chars.dat exists and is readable, and also these:

\Data\options.dat
\Data\meshlist.dat
\Data\bootslist.dat
\Data\Characters\

Another Life!

I''m not quite sure what you mean. You just have to extract *all* the files in AL1.16.zip to an empty folder somewhere on your HDD, keeping directory information, using WinZip (or Windows XP).

Another Life!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!