• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phil Price

OpenGL C# OpenGL game test

This topic is 5306 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I've written a quick test for an 2D OpenGL game/engine i'm developing, its just a menu at the moment (but i've got some cool features in there like smooth font rendering via System.Drawing.Graphics) - but i would really appriciate it if people could download the demo and tell me what FPS they get, Im currently getting a steady ~100 and I think thats the Vsync limit on my monitor. The demo can be got at by clicking here (400kish ZIP) You'll need .NET Framework 1.1 and of course OpenGL, just unpack and run the exe. No viruses I can assure you (I even scanned it to make sure). On a side note if any one knows how to disable Vsync in C# that would be cool so I can add that to my engine as an option. Thanks in advacne [edited by - Phil Price on January 11, 2004 11:57:30 AM]

Advertisement
I got a steady 100 fps, too, but I made sure to force v-sync to be off. In any case, my monitor''s refresh rate is set to 85 Hz.

My specs:

AMD AthlonXP 2100+
512 MB PC-2100 266 MHz DDR RAM
128 MB Radeon 9700 Pro

Cool cheers for that Ostsol, i think there must be a limit to 100fps for some reason in the way things are calculated - as your system by far outweighs mine performance wise, but that not exactly a problem

Cheers Again.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I''d recommend Tao.OpenGl, CSOpenGL doesn''t look too good, nor does it look like it''s being updated.

I get a "could not load glut32.dll" when I hit S to start the game. Im on a fresh install of winXP, though I'm sure I've installed the latest video and via 4in1 drivers.

I'm sure that means I dont have openGL installed but I guess that confuses me because I've never installed openGL on my system before. So I dunno can someone explain?

Ratman

[edited by - ratman on January 11, 2004 9:08:40 PM]

Nah, it just means you have to download GLUT and put the glut32.dll in the same directory as the program''s executable. Here''s a link:

http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html

I dont like Tao.OpenGL, it tried it and the glut context think really put me off. Im using the binding from Darren McKie a phd student at my university. Its quite a nice little binding to be fair, not being developed much but its all there and it works very nicely, and has a built in drag'n'drop context.

Thanks again for all the testers.

[edited by - Phil Price on January 12, 2004 6:56:11 AM]

quote:
Original post by Ostsol
Nah, it just means you have to download GLUT and put the glut32.dll in the same directory as the program''s executable. Here''s a link:

http://www.xmission.com/~nate/glut.html

Hmm I did that and I dont get an error but after hitting S to start I get a black screen with "AxionX Game" in white text in the top right region of the screen.

any ideas?

Ratman

same here, but i think thats because the author said "its just a menu at the moment"

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!