C# OpenGL game test

Started by
26 comments, last by Phil Price 20 years, 2 months ago
[offtopic]
Ridge, which profiler do you use for .NET apps?
[/offtopic]
Advertisement
I like Rational''s (now IBM) Quantify for time based profiling and the CLR Profiler for allocation profiling. I also hear Compuware''s DevPartner Profiler is good, but haven''t used it myself. Intel has an offering too, but I wasn''t overly impressed with its demo.

You can get the CLR Profiler for free from Microsoft here. Rational and Compuware both have demos, but otherwise are not free. You also may want to look at nprof which is free and open source and looks promising, but I haven''t used it in quite some time so I cannot offer opinions on it.
--Ridge
Compuware has a "DevPartner Profiler Community Edition" which is free to download and use. It is just somewhat limited(arguably) in the functionality it provides.

I highly recommend it. Just follow the links off the Devpartner page (Left hand side) for the download form.

A warning though. They will phone you asking how the product is working and try to sell you the full version of DevPartner. A small price to pay for such an amazing product.
Cheers,~Entz-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-http:www.leviathan3d.com (under construction)
Hi all,

I have an Athlon 2500 and mine sticks at 64 too.

As an aside, would anyone be able to direct me to an alternate dl url for the tao framework, as everything on ridge''s site that requires any sort of db interaction is dying.

Ta

C
My site will be back up in the next couple of days or so, moving hosts, had a fan in my router die, getting replacement today, then I need to rebuild the router with my new connection and then deploy, then DNS propogation, sucks. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ridge
sorry me no have glut.

[Mercury Software] [Google!] [ Look I DONT Follow Trends ]
Hi guys.. Anyone willing to post some code for a getFPS and timer for C# + OpenGL? I''m currently on the way to developing a 3D pool game for a school project. Something efficient would be great... Thanks a mill

ION
I dont have visual studio .net, I have 6.
And people who will play your game dont have to BUY and INSTALL .net.
And when I execute, I got an error. Thats not normal. Revise your way to code.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement