• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chanbara

How can I keep the startbar visible?

This topic is 5395 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I remember reading the code somewhere that enabled the start bar to be seen when the program was running in full screen. I have however forgotten where I read it and it now would be really useful as i''m trying to write a 3D desktop in C++ and openGL. If anyone knows how to do it let me know. Cheers

Advertisement
I belive without looking, that if you go back in look in Nehe''s base code where he is setting up fullscreen, there is a bit flag being set there that turns off the startbar. I think. If you could take that away, the startbar would still be there i believe.

I just looked at base code:

// Try To Set Selected Mode And Get Results. NOTE: CDS_FULLSCREEN Gets Rid Of Start Bar.
if (ChangeDisplaySettings(&dmScreenSettings,CDS_FULLSCREEN)!=DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL)

I guess, you could look up the documents for ChangeDisplaySettings and get a flag to set there that does everything CDS_FULLSCREEN does but just with the startbar.

I hope that helps

"What we do in life, echos in eternity" -- Gladiator

Thanks SkinnyM thats the piece of code I''d read, however now I know where it is, after i''ve checked out MSDN and messed about with it a bit it appears to make no difference.

Tree Penguin, I''m fairly new to using c++ how would I go about making an overlapped window as opposed to a pop-up one.

Thanks for your help.

An overlapped window is specified simply by changing the window style: the easiest way is to set WS_OVERLAPPED during CreateWindow(). Check the MSDN docs to make sure that your other window style flags don''t clash with WS_OVERLAPPED.

Thanks for the info, I can make an overlaped window now but it''s needs to have no title bar or frame which an overlapped window has, after trawling through the msdn i haven''t been any way to change this. any ideas?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!