How can I keep the startbar visible?

Started by
4 comments, last by chanbara 20 years, 3 months ago
I remember reading the code somewhere that enabled the start bar to be seen when the program was running in full screen. I have however forgotten where I read it and it now would be really useful as i''m trying to write a 3D desktop in C++ and openGL. If anyone knows how to do it let me know. Cheers
Advertisement
I belive without looking, that if you go back in look in Nehe''s base code where he is setting up fullscreen, there is a bit flag being set there that turns off the startbar. I think. If you could take that away, the startbar would still be there i believe.

I just looked at base code:

// Try To Set Selected Mode And Get Results. NOTE: CDS_FULLSCREEN Gets Rid Of Start Bar.
if (ChangeDisplaySettings(&dmScreenSettings,CDS_FULLSCREEN)!=DISP_CHANGE_SUCCESSFUL)

I guess, you could look up the documents for ChangeDisplaySettings and get a flag to set there that does everything CDS_FULLSCREEN does but just with the startbar.

I hope that helps

"What we do in life, echos in eternity" -- Gladiator
"What we do in life, echos in eternity" -- Gladiator
Try an overlapped window instead of a popup window.
Thanks SkinnyM thats the piece of code I''d read, however now I know where it is, after i''ve checked out MSDN and messed about with it a bit it appears to make no difference.

Tree Penguin, I''m fairly new to using c++ how would I go about making an overlapped window as opposed to a pop-up one.

Thanks for your help.

An overlapped window is specified simply by changing the window style: the easiest way is to set WS_OVERLAPPED during CreateWindow(). Check the MSDN docs to make sure that your other window style flags don''t clash with WS_OVERLAPPED.
Thanks for the info, I can make an overlaped window now but it''s needs to have no title bar or frame which an overlapped window has, after trawling through the msdn i haven''t been any way to change this. any ideas?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement