DirectX 9 runtime

Started by
6 comments, last by Kumppi 20 years, 3 months ago
Can I install DirectX 9 developer runtime over the regular one without problems? "Life is very short, and there''s no time for fussing and fighting my friend..."
"Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend..."
Advertisement
Not sure, but I would always advise removing previous versions first
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
I thought you cannot uninstall DirectX 9 from your system!?

"Life is very short, and there''s no time for fussing and fighting my friend..."
Mmm, does that apply to the SDK, not the runtime?

Or am I taking thru my.....
(Visual Basic .NET) www.elpuerco.co.uk
The DirectX SDK should have a utility to switch between the debug and the standard version of the DirectX runtime, so you can toggle back and forth.
What I mean is that I have already installed the regular DirectX 9 runtime. The one with no debug mode. Now if I want to activate the debug mode I must install the developer runtime. So what I want to know is that if I install the developer runtime over my already installed regular runtime will I experience any problems?

"Life is very short, and there''s no time for fussing and fighting my friend..."
You can''t get the ''developer runtime'' by itself. It comes with the SDK. (And it''s called the debug runtime, usually.)

If you install the SDK over the runtime only, it''ll work fine without having to uninstall anything first. If you install the SDK over another SDK, you''d better uninstall the old SDK first.

Once the SDK is installed, you can switch between debug and release runtimes.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]
"If you install the SDK over the runtime only, it'll work fine without having to uninstall anything first"

That's what I was looking for. Thank you.

[edited by - Kumppi on January 11, 2004 5:27:43 PM]

[edited by - Kumppi on January 11, 2004 5:28:20 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement