Best Educatioyn for a Job in Game Development

Started by
30 comments, last by Thors1982 20 years, 3 months ago
Sony actually sponsors the university..

I think this was one of the first games related courses (at least in europ). It''s going on it''s 5th or 6th year now. They offer a masters in Computer Games Tech as well
Advertisement
I think what matters more here is your ability to learn. Degrees tend to show that you CAN learn and are WILLING to. People are often less concerned with what you know than that you know a broad enough range to prove that you can learn quickly.

Do people split hairs over whether you know OpenGL or Direct3D? Do they want you to know Java instead of C++? The sad answer is that sometimes they do: for the simple reason that they have to filter resumes somehow!

However don''t be too concerned with that. Once you know enough languages and APIs, you start to figure out that it is all the same... sure syntax can differ slightly but the basic concepts (which are the hardest to learn) never do.

I''d suggest that the more VARIED experience you have the better. Furthermore try and show that you have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn whatever they need you to. Teamwork experience is a must, as some people might be brilliant coders, but if they can''t adapt and work with others, they are USELESS to a company.

Anyways there is much more, but that''s my two cents for now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement