Jump to content
  • Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nerd_boy

Converting VC++ 6.0 to .NET

This topic is 5391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I made a program, in VC++ 6.0 Introductory Edition, that wrote out a file. I used another program written with the same compiler to load them up(it was a game). I have not finished the game, but am going to finish it in VC++ .NET Standard Edition. I used the following code to load the file up:
// open next level and load it in

int grid[400];
char filename[100];
memset(grid,0,sizeof(grid));
sprintf(filename,"Media//LEVEL%d",level);

ifstream fin(filename,ios::binary);
fin.read((char*)&grid,sizeof(grid));
fin.close();
However it doesn't work, and I get the following errors:
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(613) : error C2065: 'ifstream' : undeclared identifier
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(613) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'fin'
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(613) : error C2653: 'ios' : is not a class or namespace name
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(613) : error C2065: 'binary' : undeclared identifier
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(613) : error C3861: 'fin': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(614) : error C2228: left of '.read' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(614) : error C3861: 'fin': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(615) : error C2228: left of '.close' must have class/struct/union type
        type is ''unknown-type''
c:\LukeTech Files\Games\Weekly\Breakout\main.cpp(615) : error C3861: 'fin': identifier not found, even with argument-dependent lookup
I have included the same header files. I appreciate any help on this topic. Being that I am human, I am prone to (MANY)mistakes. Check everything I post with Google, etc. -- Chronic sufferer of OCD [edited by - Luke Thompson on January 11, 2004 5:00:14 PM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Change "ifstream" to "std::ifstream", "ios::binary" to "std::ios::binary", and all should be well. Alternately, add "using namespace std;" to the top of the file should work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank you. It works.

Being that I am human, I am prone to (MANY)mistakes.
Check everything I post with Google, etc.

-- Chronic sufferer of OCD

[edited by - Luke Thompson on January 12, 2004 6:17:04 AM]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!