My Tetris Clone. Suggestions?

Started by
1 comment, last by GeekPlusPlus 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello, I just "finished" (I use the term loosely you'll see why) my tetris clone. BlockDrop2. I'm hopeing you guys will check it out. You'll notice that there is a lot of "meat" for a simple tetris game. I tried to impliment as many game parts as I could, even if they might not be really needed for something so small, so I have a controller and a timer class and such. I tried to do it with all OOP c++ int C++ 6.0 So if I broke some OOP rules, or if you have any suggestions as to how to attack it better I'd like to hear them. I have a small bug in the destruction of full lines and the falling of the lines above. But I have only been able to duplicate it a few times, and I read through the code and I just can't find it. So if one of you can figure it out that'd be great (hence not quite finished). An alternative would be a different way of destroying full lines and dropping the lines above, mine seems a little messy. Well here it is! BlockDrop2 [edited by - GeekPlusPlus on January 11, 2004 8:07:29 PM]
- Newb Programmer: Geek++
Advertisement
More line pieces!

Just kidding. Looks good. Nice job.
---signature---" Actually, at the time, I didn't give a damn about the FoxNews issue... just that you would come swooping in with your Super Mith cape flapping behind you and debunk it just because it didn't happen in your living room." - InnocuousFox
Pretty nice.

If I have one suggestion, it would be to add functionality so that a user would only have to hold the left or right arrows to move the blocks across the screen (similar to holding down to make a block drop fast). It feel awkward pressing the arrows multiple times to move across the screen.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement