• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Penguins

rate the tetris clone :P

This topic is 5249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I think this is the best tetris clone ever... if you disagree please post a link to what tops it http://www.s89785877.onlinehome.us/dtetria.html

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
One major problem with your tetris program...the timing is machine dependant...I ran it on my computer and could hardly control the pieces because of the speed (way too fast)...

I found that the controls, esp the move to the side controls, were way to sensitive. This is probobly also due to the fact that you do not take into account the speed of the player''s computer as AP said. Maybe I am just used to tetris games where the time you have to hold down a button for it to start repeating itself is much less than yours which is nonexistant. Most of them basically, force you to push down and let go each time you want to move a piece over. If this isnt your style, you might consider putting it in the options. Also, a volume control for the sound would be nice... I like listening to my own music while on my comp ;P I do like the music tough, overall, good work. I tried doing some different moves that some clones goof up with and your seemed to handle them just fine. Only other problem was that it restricted rotation when at an edge for say a long piece. I get annoyed by this and would much rather have the piece rotate, and be pushed over to the side soe it stays on the board. Might also want to work on the edges so pieces dont hang out ;P

overall, good game

keep it up

Dwiel

eh things to work on =)..
If im going to make a volume control its definetly being stuffed in a text file. Theres no way im gonna hack a sliding bar =)... also if you dont click either music type it just finishes playing the menu song and stops.

as for the restricted rotation i reccomend you rotate then move , the gameboy version restricts rotating too, in the gameboy version you had to get crazy with the controls in order to finish lvl 9, 5 high consistenetly (yes im a tetris junky)

the control type is a very good idea, thanks... i thought the way i had it wouldnt be too bad because it locks the fps at 60 but perhaps low isnt low enough.

As for the good music.. the artful composers are in the readme file, and the techno piece was made for the darkside demo *click*

thanks for the replies =)

That is one nifty game (once you actually manage to get the game started), especially the background. The controls are a bit sensitive which made it quite hard to get the piece in the position I needed it.

My 2D game engine

The controls were way to touchy, it always moves over two blocks instead of one. I didn''t liek how at the end it wouldn''t let you start over, you have to hit ESC and then re-run the game. I didn''t liek how the blocks hung off the side either. Also when your in the set up screens it''s be cool if when you slected the music it would play a clip of it, and same goes with the type-a/b/c.

Other then that it''s pretty cool, I liek the music. Kinda liek a tripped out tetris.

You know I just played it again and I kind of liek how the blocks hang off the one side and not the other. So scratch what I said earlier about it. I did notice there is no shadow below the falling block, makes the game kind of harder :O)

The background is pretty trippy too.

Good job, good job!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!