• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newfound Ajarn

Free VC++ .NET IDE

This topic is 5333 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need an IDE for the VC++ .NET compiler. Does anyone know of any free ones out there? Any that resemble devenv (the one that comes with VS .NET)? (Moved from game programming, was the wrong forum before.)

Advertisement
VC++.NET already comes with an IDE.

“Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.”
— Brian W. Kernighan (C programming language co-inventor)

quote:
Original post by Newfound Ajarn
I need an IDE for the VC++ .NET compiler.
Visual C++ is the brand name of the IDE and compiler bundle, along with development libraries.

Know thy product.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Might want to take a look at [url=www.eclipse.org]eclipse[/url]
their is a plugin for c/c++ that uses make files, you MIGHT be able to hack somehting up using VS''s makefiles with it

I use eclipse with msys and mingw, went away from the $ hogers

I have a slow computer and I want one that works like it, but is faster. That means the new IDE can cut some stuff out, but must have a debugger. If not, I can just use the IDE that came with it, but I would rather not.

I''m just speculating but maybe because he has the .NET framework SDK that comes with the Visual C++ .NET Compiler. It doesn''t come with the idea but just the compiler part of Visual C++ .NET and he wants an IDE for it.

So long as you are ready to specify the compilation flags yourself, just about any ''generic'' IDE (eclipse, emacs...) will be able to use microsoft''s compiler.

Remember, an IDE is just a glorified text editor.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!