Free VC++ .NET IDE

Started by
23 comments, last by Newfound Ajarn 20 years, 3 months ago
quote:Original post by VenDrake
Jesus Christ! How many ways can you NOT answer a simple question? It doesn''t matter WHY he wants, what he''s going to do with it or what the exact definition of "Visual C++" is.... He just wants a friggin'' IDE.
Of the IDEs/editors you reference, which can be used with Visual C++? Do you provide instructions or links to instructions for doing so?

"Voice of reason" posts are often more ignorant than those they attempt to moderate.

Oh, and KEDIT costs $159.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Jesus Christ! How many ways can you NOT answer a simple question? It doesn''t matter WHY he wants, what he''s going to do with it or what the exact definition of "Visual C++" is.... He just wants a friggin'' IDE.
Of the IDEs/editors you reference, which can be used with Visual C++? Do you provide instructions or links to instructions for doing so?

"Voice of reason" posts are often more ignorant than those they attempt to moderate.

Oh, and KEDIT costs $159.

My single incomplete / incorrect post still gave the OP more relevant information than your five highly accurate and technically concise posts.

-----------
VenDrake

"My stupid jar is full. I can''t talk to you anymore."
-------------VenDrakeTo understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.
My single incomplete / incorrect post still gave the OP more relevant information than your five highly accurate and technically concise posts.
Did it? Did your post indicate whether the IDEs listed worked [well] with the Microsoft C++ compiler? Did your post indicate how to get them to work with the above-named compiler?

You listed IDEs. Google can do that, too. Realize that message threads sometimes take strange paths, and that people other than the OP sometimes learn useful things along the way.

Or, to paraphrase Robert Ludlum, Get off your high horse. You''re just a lousy homemaker-f**ker like the rest of us.

Have a nice day!
newfound ajarn:
Visual Studio .NET has dynamic help on by default. Dynamic help can be very slow if your computer can''t handle it. Try turning that off for a speed improvement.

Otherwise there''s not much else you can do really. Visual Studio isn''t really all that slow but it uses lots of memory, so perhaps you could try adding more ram to your system. You should have at least 128 mb at the bare minimum. I''d recommend atleast 256 mb though. Especially if you''re running Windows XP. Ram isn''t all that expensive these days either.

-out
-out
quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Get off your high horse. You''re just a lousy homemaker-f**ker like the rest of us.

He asked for IDEs. I gave him a place to start looking. If you want to start a flame war talk to the sig.

-----------
VenDrake

"My stupid jar is full. I can''t talk to you anymore."
-------------VenDrakeTo understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement