• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Kai

Tomography and volume rendering

This topic is 5246 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I''m a newbie in OpenGL. I''m currently writing a software to render a surface of a 2D Image in VB.Net. I''m currently having problem with speed. Why am I getting only 20++ fps ? my specs P4 2.5G, 1G ddr, GeForce4 Mx440. The number of triangles rendered in my software is around 20k-30k. Am I exceeding the limit ?? couze this will get worst couze later I''m gonna add in a volumetric rendering function. Probably using 10-20 images. How could I keep my rendering smooth?? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
if you are not using vertex buffer objects, 600Ktriangles/sec is not quite bad i think, dont know exactly what you are doing in your program. To gain more performance, you will have to buffer your static vertex data to the video memory(ARB_vertex_buffer_object). Are you using VertexArrays? That should be the firs step.

"Knowledge is no more expensive than ignorance, and at least as satisfying." -Barrin

guess not...Do you have any samples for vertexarrays ? or at lease tell me how to start .

Oh yah, how do I use double buffering ?? izzit
glEnable(GL_DOUBLEBUFFER)
pls dunn mind the syntex couze I'm writing it in VB.net

put this in the init part rite ?

Thanks alot.

[edited by - Dark Kai on January 12, 2004 11:29:06 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!