• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to get the HRESULT value?

This topic is 5154 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good morning, here is a problem that i really can''t figure out how to solve. HRESULT is the type returned from directdraw functions. one function returns something that is not something i knew of (not ok, not surface lost, not was still drawing). what can i do to know what it is? there are tons of different messages. showing it in hex, gives a strange hexadecimal number, and i don''t know where to look up these values. Where can i find a table to lookup these values? thank you very much...

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
TCHAR *DXGetErrorString9( HRESULT hr );

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thank you for the reply.
but sorrily, i don''t use DirectX9. i am still using DirectX7. Is there an equivalent function in Dx7? (or, any other method)

Thank you very much

There should be a DX Error Lookup utility in your SDK bin directory. You run the utility, paste in the error code, and it gives you back the description. I''m pretty sure it was included in DX7.

Guest Anonymous Poster
have you looked up the return in ddraw.h

Well, I''m pretty sure that you don''t need to know the exact string names of the return values, a simple FAILED() or SUCCEEDED() will suffice. That said, there are at least two error lookup utilities that I know of: one is included with the DirectX SDK, and the other is installed with Visual C++ (if you have it). The code for the DirectX SDK error lookup utility is there, if you really want it.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Thank you very much...

• Advertisement