• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I envy you...

This topic is 5143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

...those who have a decent home studio setup. I don''t even have a cheap $120 Wal-mart keyboard to compose with. While I''m above intermediate status with Reason, I still wish I had the access to hardware and not rely on software too much. Oh well. Save, save, save! Some of you have pretty good studio setups. Nice!

Advertisement
Yeah, that''s what jobs are for. Most of us spend just about all our earnings trying to better our pathetic studios until they have become "mediocre". Eventually after spending several thousand dollars over the years, you could have a great studio, but after it''s "complete" you are beknownst to the sad fact, that it is now considered "obsolete".

Still, alot of the supposed "obsolete" hardware and software is quite powerful and despite not having all these brand spanking new features of other programs, they still get the job done.

My Site

buying one isn''t always an option.. no matter what a bunch of fat white people in the eastern u.s. or wherever think, access to money is not an equal thing.. ie. i, for instance, have a conscience, for instance, and therefore, for instance, i have a hard time, for instance, agreeing with my employers, for instance, since most of what you get paid for, for instance, is fucking heinous.

for instance. (although said fat whiteys wouldn''t recognise this being a bunch of brainwashed bitches who think it''s okay to shit all over everythnig)

if it makes you feel any better, i have about $10k of hardware.. and today, use freeware for ~ everything.. viva synthedit!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Actually most of the things people do for money in the US aren''t heinous at all, it''s just that a lot of us like to make excuses for why we can''t keep jobs.

I''ve only had 2 jobs and neither one of them were all that bad. Granted there are days where stress seems to build up, but it always relaxes me to write some music when I''m in a bad mood. It''s something I can do to get my mind off the real world.

My Site

Im still hurtin about spending 3K on sound stuff the week after Xmas ohwell I look at it as an investment I can''t go wrong with =)

sure is better then the money I''ve dump into my cars/bikes =(

www.jeffnortham.com

AIM jeffie7

hmm... yes.. us not heinous.. i''ll have to remember that as i watch the highways of cars with people driving 75 mile commutes sitting still on the highways.. with people throwing garbage made out of god-knows-what all over the place eating long dead food out of plastic packages with completely defunct brains spewing out retarded children by the boatload and wondering why.. course, it prolly doesn''t bother you because you''ve got uncle sam''s cock so far up your ass it''s lips move when you talk.

just you wait, asshole. mad cow ought to give you a tiny inkling, except i''m sure you''ll just excuse it as jesus'' doing or something else utterly heinous..

quote:
Original post by xoxos
hmm... yes.. us not heinous.. i''ll have to remember that as i watch the highways of cars with people driving 75 mile commutes sitting still on the highways.. with people throwing garbage made out of god-knows-what all over the place eating long dead food out of plastic packages with completely defunct brains spewing out retarded children by the boatload and wondering why.. course, it prolly doesn''t bother you because you''ve got uncle sam''s cock so far up your ass it''s lips move when you talk.

just you wait, asshole. mad cow ought to give you a tiny inkling, except i''m sure you''ll just excuse it as jesus'' doing or something else utterly heinous..

You''ve got some serious problems.

My Site

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:

Where is the MOD for this forum? Please ban this child who is begging for attention.
People like this really ruin the board.

nothing i like more than seeing brits and americans affirm their culture..

yap, absolutely brilliant. america number one!

you ever like, actually look at a city from, like, y''know, outside the city? like, where you can see the smog? how about y''ever, like, eat something from the ocean on the northeast?

hey, i know you and you''re perfect arencha

SERIOUS problems..... fuckin hilarious how them dumbass savages managed to live here for ten thousand years w/o fucking it up in a hundred years innit.

quote:
Original post by xoxos
nothing i like more than seeing brits and americans affirm their culture..

yap, absolutely brilliant. america number one!

you ever like, actually look at a city from, like, y''know, outside the city? like, where you can see the smog? how about y''ever, like, eat something from the ocean on the northeast?

hey, i know you and you''re perfect arencha

SERIOUS problems..... fuckin hilarious how them dumbass savages managed to live here for ten thousand years w/o fucking it up in a hundred years innit.

You can''t blame one person for another person''s mistake. Blaming all of america for one city''s smog problem is the same case. Blame the guys who invented the automobile, blame the guys who made factories, but don''t blame an entire country just a few peoples'' mistakes. Everybody goofs at some point in life, just like the idiot that invented CFCs. I mean, are you honestly going to sit there and blame an entire country for one man''s mistake? Who the hell would have ever known that CFCs would eat the ozone layer up?

Why don''t you think a little harder about things before you start flaming other cultures. Nobody''s perfect so quit acting like you are.

My Site

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Where is the MOD for this forum? Please ban this child who is begging for attention.
People like this really ruin the board.

You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Um, so does selling videogames count as heinous? How about mobile djing school dances and parties?

Gosh, I didn't know I was such a villian! ^_^

As far as a studio goes, audyo, keep in mind that gear is only as useful as your ability to properly use it. Also, know that the cost of gear tends to compound upon itself, for example, if you buy a good keyboard, you'll need cords, an audio interface for the computer, maybe midi, then if you buy more you'll need a mixer, fx, ect ect. Waiting to buy hardware will only mean that you will have more time to build your skill, so that when the oppurtunity presents itself, you'll be able to use it to a greater ability. Until then, hang in there, and do your best to work with what you have.

[edited by - Evan on January 19, 2004 1:58:27 AM]

zack - you''re effectually suggesting that nobody is responsible for anything they do with someone else''s invention if you apply an ''reductio ad absurdum'' proof yeppers, that''s right, no one wants to feel responsible for environmental deterioration. "it''s not my fault, where i live, i have to drive. besides i have to go and pick up some more radioactive ding dongs to shove up my ass." tiresome, very tiresome

but that''s cool, because you can relinquish all guilt and just ''get along.''

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by xoxos
zack - you''re effectually suggesting that nobody is responsible for anything they do with someone else''s invention if you apply an ''reductio ad absurdum'' proof yeppers, that''s right, no one wants to feel responsible for environmental deterioration. "it''s not my fault, where i live, i have to drive. besides i have to go and pick up some more radioactive ding dongs to shove up my ass." tiresome, very tiresome

but that''s cool, because you can relinquish all guilt and just ''get along.''

A bit angry, aren''t we? Good! At least you''re passionate about something. Too bad you can''t focus that energy into something more constructive than racism and stereotyping. Regardless of what macho, vulgar, baseless response you may write to this post, I DO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. You obviously have a great deal of pain and anger in your head, that you don''t know how to deal with. You''re obviously passionate, and funny ("radioactive ding dongs"... to bad it''s wasted behind a wall of finger-pointing and name-calling. What a waste.

No angry response you can post will irritate me in the least. Someone with your extremely limited range of expression simply doesn''t have the power. No offense.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Anonymous Poster
quote:
At least you''re passionate about something. Too bad you can''t focus that energy into something more constructive than racism and stereotyping.

Yes! xoxos spend more time on your music instead of bashing people. You comments are silly and they show how much free time you spend thinking about useless shit. Get a life!

Yes, please.
By coming to this forum, "Music and Sound" on a website called "Gamedev", we are agreeing on certain areas of life we are going to assume we have in common, like a life that is conducive to something like game creation for technological things like computers,and we also agree that certain concerns are outside the scope of the topic.
Just by saying that I can't afford to buy a music studio, does not mean I am giving the middle finger to people who can't afford to buy themselves lunch or a place to sleep. It just means that in this forum of discussion, we have to agree to place those concerns somewhere else for the prospect of having a topic. To go into histrionics about such a thing shows a great ignorance to the spirit of discussion, as it is out of context, regardless of our feelings and actions as humans; and it is almost rude to imply we do not have these concerns by breaking the spirit of discussion and making the false statement that we do not care because we are not discussing it or are discussing something more fatuous or priveleged.

In other words, see my above post.

[edited by - krikkit on January 20, 2004 11:37:41 AM]

well i''ll go to the ''inciting brain-dead westerners to consider the consequences of their actions forum'' - pending i can actually get connected due to sheer mass of attendees

sorry bub, but anywhere a bunch of cats are all happy with themselves crapping and ignoring it is legit. everythnig you buy is busy telling you that you don''t need to feel responsible, that you''re magically entitled to their product/lifestyle regardless of consequence. you''re entitled to invade other countries to secure their mineral rights, because you''re entitled to domino''s pizza delivery or some shit. really clued in there, most enlightened..

but i just love how you guys say "you shouldn''t say that!"

almost as much as i love having marketplace robots tell me about ''music'' (nah, i don''t mean that soundalike/me-too stuff you guys crap out - like, y''ever wonder why all the game music guys are really young.. heheh)

so delighted to read your illuminated comments..

If you are so upset about it all, how about you get off your ass, head out the door, and do some real protesting. The kind where you get arrested and on television, instead of whining at people who are not even in the mindframe for your concerns.
Internet loudmouth is the only thing I''m thinking here.

xoxos, I don''t know you except what I''ve read on dancetech and here, but if you''re as bitter, angry, and negative as your posts suggest then I want nothing to do with your idea of "enlightenment".

It''s not our fault that you''re pissed off because everybody ignores you. Learn some social skills and perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation.

This topic is 5143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.