I envy you...

Started by
26 comments, last by audyoghod 20 years, 3 months ago
Yes, please.
By coming to this forum, "Music and Sound" on a website called "Gamedev", we are agreeing on certain areas of life we are going to assume we have in common, like a life that is conducive to something like game creation for technological things like computers,and we also agree that certain concerns are outside the scope of the topic.
Just by saying that I can't afford to buy a music studio, does not mean I am giving the middle finger to people who can't afford to buy themselves lunch or a place to sleep. It just means that in this forum of discussion, we have to agree to place those concerns somewhere else for the prospect of having a topic. To go into histrionics about such a thing shows a great ignorance to the spirit of discussion, as it is out of context, regardless of our feelings and actions as humans; and it is almost rude to imply we do not have these concerns by breaking the spirit of discussion and making the false statement that we do not care because we are not discussing it or are discussing something more fatuous or priveleged.

In other words, see my above post.

[edited by - krikkit on January 20, 2004 11:37:41 AM]
Advertisement
well i''ll go to the ''inciting brain-dead westerners to consider the consequences of their actions forum'' - pending i can actually get connected due to sheer mass of attendees

sorry bub, but anywhere a bunch of cats are all happy with themselves crapping and ignoring it is legit. everythnig you buy is busy telling you that you don''t need to feel responsible, that you''re magically entitled to their product/lifestyle regardless of consequence. you''re entitled to invade other countries to secure their mineral rights, because you''re entitled to domino''s pizza delivery or some shit. really clued in there, most enlightened..

but i just love how you guys say "you shouldn''t say that!"

almost as much as i love having marketplace robots tell me about ''music'' (nah, i don''t mean that soundalike/me-too stuff you guys crap out - like, y''ever wonder why all the game music guys are really young.. heheh)

so delighted to read your illuminated comments..
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
If you are so upset about it all, how about you get off your ass, head out the door, and do some real protesting. The kind where you get arrested and on television, instead of whining at people who are not even in the mindframe for your concerns.
Internet loudmouth is the only thing I''m thinking here.
quote:how about y''ever, like, eat something from the ocean on the northeast?

Mmmm... Maine lobster...

xoxos, I don''t know you except what I''ve read on dancetech and here, but if you''re as bitter, angry, and negative as your posts suggest then I want nothing to do with your idea of "enlightenment".

It''s not our fault that you''re pissed off because everybody ignores you. Learn some social skills and perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation.

xoxos, I don't know you except what I've read on dancetech and here, but if you're as bitter, angry, and negative as your posts suggest then I want nothing to do with your idea of "enlightenment".

It's not our fault that you're pissed off because everybody ignores you. Learn some social skills and perhaps we can have an intelligent conversation.

better yet.... put it into your music. Then maybe I will buy it

[edited by - paulcesar on January 20, 2004 6:23:55 PM]
How touching. Somebody that thinks he lives in a world of shit and that everybody should feel pity for him.

Oh how I feel sorry for this poor soul that lives in hell and nothing ever good happens to him. What a shame it must be.

No, I actually find the people that suck it up and live in poverty to the best they can and try to make the best of life quite remarkable, as do alot of other people. I stick up for homeless people whenever someone calls them a bum, and when I see them I don''t walk by without acknowledging their existance and giving them enough money to buy themselves one good meal. Granted all of this world doesn''t know how to be polite and show some respect to people, and yes some countries are war-mongers, slave-drivers, and all other sorts of bad things, but griping and moaning about it just because a composer has a nice setup and a job he''s kept for god knows how long to pay for, is really immature and makes you look like a total jackass.

Now do us all a favor and post about something other than your personal problems and beliefs.

My Site
Guys, this is now way off-topic. Some of you need to lose the attitude, as well.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement