RPG Code in DX 9

Started by
1 comment, last by masd 20 years, 3 months ago
Hello EveryOne, I m trying to convert Jim''s RPG Book''s code from Dx8 to Dx9 and got problems in the Skinned Meshes Area. It looks a lot of changes here. Can anybody help out about it. The ID3DXSkinMesh has been changed to ID3DXSkinInfo and its functions are also changed. I could not convert the code to Dx 9. If anybody did this, please help...
Advertisement
I have done the same, except that there are still a few bugs I am sorting out for eg. Normals and lighting, If you want to talk email me, or contact me on MSN Messenger.

The best way to go about it is to make your own ID3DXSkinMesh replacement, which is a combo of ID3DXMesh and ID3DXSkinInfo

- Ratterbox
D3DXSkinInfo is niftier than D3DXSkinMesh because it no longer holds the mesh internally. It''s just a filter object for creating a separate skinned mesh (or in the case of software skinning, merely skinning a list of vertices).

The conversion shouldn''t be that difficult. Mostly, wherever he keeps a D3DXSkinMesh, you keep a D3DXMesh. And, wherever he calls D3DXSkinMesh::ConvertToXXX, you need the D3DXSkinInfo object to do that. It''s a sizeable change, but not a showstopper.

I like pie.
[sub]My spoon is too big.[/sub]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement