• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gorf_Rules

Looking At Outlook 2003 Add-Ons

This topic is 5247 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m looking at making an add on for outlook 2003, I have found some information but still am lacking any real examples I can see to get a better idea before I embark on this project, I know how to do the project stand alone, just need to look at working it into outlook, anyone have any references or anything for doing addons to programs like such?

Advertisement
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1555582869/ref=sib_rdr_dp/104-6418080-0728748?%5Fencoding=UTF8&no=283155&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=books

anyone heard of this book, it seems to be what I want.

Typically, most Microsoft add-in support uses COM. I'm not familiar with Outlook in particular, but I'm fairly sure you'll run into some COM stuff. I would at least get aquainted with that.

[edited by - Nypyren on January 13, 2004 1:09:45 AM]

Yep, COM is the way to go. Search Google for "Sue Mosher" or check out her site at http://www.slipstick.com - that should get you started.

Add-ins for Outlook. Sheesh, programmers are getting masochistic these days...

The COM API is the same in any case - it''s just a matter of syntax. Python code should be trivial to read even for someone who doesn''t know the language.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!