Your opinion of my first finished demo thing ish!

Started by
23 comments, last by wamingo 20 years, 3 months ago
very nice

I was about to add "but why are there so many M''s" but then I got it

heheh

| - My (new) little website - | - email me - |
Advertisement
It looks nice indeed, it only runs when i add the -nosound parameter, mayb i''ve got an older version than required.
yay finally... :D
Maybe you should try to install the OpenAL version that creative have up here: http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46
That''s the one I have installed so could be worth a try...
Of course the sound isn''t really anything to brag about though...
But you can install it for my Next Project - which is due in about 2009...

BigBoy, no sorry, I don''t think I will...
I''d be shameful to release it as it is and it''s horribly hard coded and it''s the worst possible procedure that I''m using really... I think the right way would be to treat it is a grid, but I''m treating it as strings with a position. Each vertical line (64 of them) is just a string with a coordinate moving downwards. It''s horrible... You don''t even see strings ontop of strings, each space for a line is always completely cleared before beginning a new (moves line to top), and that isn''t very matrix like...
But I think for what it''s worth it turned out alright, despite...
That looks very cool, you should make it into a screen saver

Luke.

P.S Not a single problem it all ran perfectly on my

Duron 1200
Geforce 4mx 440
Sound Blaster Live.

Hyperdev

"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"
"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"
It seems that for everyone (including me) who had problems running your demo, the solution was to start it with -nosound.

I tihnk you should release your projects with the runtime libraries required to run it (that is if you legally can redistribute them, which I believe is the case for OpenAL). This way you won't have to worry about that again.

PS : by the way... Cool demo

[edited by - trexmaster on January 16, 2004 3:10:09 AM]
"I have questions. Questions that need answering !" - Gandalf the gray, The fellowship of the ring

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement