• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bzroom

Stupid Dev... Compiling glut?

This topic is 5391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ah yes, that time of the year again, programming class at school. The slowest most locked down computers ever created. I can''t acess the system32 folder so i can''t even copy my glut32.dll in i gota put it with all my programs. I can''t install vc.net or vc6 so i gota use the schools Dev-c++. How do you get dev to compile glut or gl? I opened project options and for the additional objects i browsed for my glut32.lib. I used the same code I use in VC and it still has pritty much all the glut and gl functions undefined extern function or what ever. extra info: I''m taking ap programming and we have to do 4 projects, mine are: 1.) 3d rubik''s cube, use the mouse to manipulate it, random and solve buttons. 2.) File manager - drag and drop window, u drop files on it and then a list of users comes up, click the user and its off to their computer on the network, they are notified and are provided a link. I did this program for a company i worked for over the summer. 3.) Labrynth (sp?) - a game where u roll the ball by tilting the floor, can''t fall in the holes. 4.) Slamball, 3d basketball game with trampolines, been working on this for a few days, this is my last project so i have 18 weeks, shit. Basicaly im doing graphics because they give the best zip for work ratio of most programs i make.

Advertisement

umm...... why are my words "programming class" underlined and hyperlinked to some school?

I definately dont go there im 17 in highschool in indiana.

quote:
Original post by honayboyz
umm...... why are my words "programming class" underlined and hyperlinked to some school?

Because your browser is evil or broken somehow.

Anyway: The MinGW32 import libraries have an extension of ".a" rather than ".lib" and should have a prefix of "lib"; meaning OpenGL''s import library file is named "libopengl32.a" and GLU is "libglu32.a". If I remember correctly, Dev C++ should also come with a GLUT import library named "libglut.a".

Haha yea, stupid ad ware shit.

Well... i just looked for libglut32.a, got it, it compiled, and the refrences are still undefined. Could it be that i dont have glut32.dll in my system32 folder? I figured it would at least compile and say something once it was running like glut32.dll not found or something. I hate school.

n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x14b):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glClearColor@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x158):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x168):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x17f):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLineWidth@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x187):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x18c):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x19e):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetFloatv@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x1b3):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetFloatv@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x1c8):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetFloatv@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x1d0):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2ba):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glSelectBuffer@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2ce):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetIntegerv@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2de):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2e6):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2f3):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRenderMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x2fb):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x342):main.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPickMatrix@36''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x37d):main.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x38a):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x3ab):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRenderMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x3c0):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x3c8):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x3d5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x4c5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetDoublev@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x4dc):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetDoublev@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x513):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glReadPixels@28''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x572):main.cpp: undefined reference to `gluUnProject@48''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x74b):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x753):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x758):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x795):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glOrtho@48''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x7b3):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glScalef@12''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x7d5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x7e5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x803):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x80b):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x818):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x838):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glBegin@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x852):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x86f):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glTexCoord2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x8a0):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x8bd):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glTexCoord2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x8ec):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x909):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glTexCoord2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x936):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x953):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glTexCoord2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x982):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glVertex2f@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x98a):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnd@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9ab):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glViewport@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9bd):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glDisable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9cd):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glDisable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9dd):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glDisable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9e5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9ea):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0x9ef):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa01):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa19):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glViewport@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa26):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glEnable@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa62):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glClear@4''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa6a):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa7c):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xa9f):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xac9):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xaf3):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xb1d):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xb49):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glGetFloatv@8''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xb51):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xc77):main.cpp: undefined reference to `gluLookAt@72''
n:\rubix cube\main.o(.text+0xc87):main.cpp: undefined reference to `glMultMatrixf@4''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0xc5):base.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0xd0):base.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glLoadIdentity@0''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0xf6):base.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glViewport@16''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0x125):base.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0x133):base.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glMatrixMode@4''
n:\rubix cube\base.o(.text+0x2bc):base.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glEnable@4''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x1b9):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x202):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x261):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x281):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x2a2):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPushMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x2cc):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x2f8):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x32c):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x366):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x386):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x3af):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x3e9):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x41d):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x43d):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x466):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x49a):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x4cc):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x4ec):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x518):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x54c):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x586):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x5a6):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x5d2):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x609):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x63b):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glTranslatef@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x65b):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glRotatef@16''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x687):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x6bb):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x6cb):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glBegin@4''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x701):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x735):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x767):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x79b):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x7a6):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glEnd@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x7b7):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glColor3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x7c7):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glBegin@4''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x7fd):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x831):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x865):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x897):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x8c9):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glVertex3f@12''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x8fd):cube.cpp: more undefined references to `_imp__glVertex3f@12'' follow
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x972):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glEnd@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x97a):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x98d):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPopMatrix@0''
n:\rubix cube\cube.o(.text+0x9b2):cube.cpp: undefined reference to `_imp__glPopMatrix@0''

Guest Anonymous Poster
Hey, calm down, its just different - deal with it

you need to add linker flags -l<libraryname> eg.
-lopengl32 -lglut -lglu etc....

Guest Anonymous Poster
You can just put the glut dll in the same folder as your exe. That''s all you need to do.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!