• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jollyjeffers

MSN 6 not triggering correct Win32 msgs?

This topic is 5249 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, Just been writing a D3D9 based windowed-mode application... nothing overly complex beyond "attaching" D3D to a Win32 target... But, to keep things clean I track minimize/restore and focus changes - pausing/resuming graphics rendering accordingly. All works a treat... except with MSN 6 For example, I run my application... I click on VC++ in the background (my app. loses focus) and the engine pauses, resuming again when I select my app again. Now, I run my app. and switch focus to an MSN-6 conversation window and it pauses (lost focus). I click on my window again... and it doesn''t resume.. I have to minimize/restore OR select/deselect another window to get it back. Weird eh? anyone got any clues? it aint a problem that I''m too bothered about fixing... but it''s somewhat confusing as to why only (of the programs I''ve tested) MSN-6 does this. Jack

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!