• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gunslinger77

glBindProgramARB?!?!? undefined?!?!?

This topic is 5333 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, i have a puzzling problem: i am tring to write a small vertex/fragment shader, so i am using the *_PROGRAM_ARB stuff. i included the glext.h file (and i downloaded the latest release from the oss site). Still when i tri to compile&link my program it keeps me sayng: [enrico@client4 render]$ make g++ -g -c eptagon.cpp eptagon.cpp: In function `GLuint load_program(char*, unsigned int)'': eptagon.cpp:94: `GL_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM_ARB'' undeclared (first use this function) eptagon.cpp:94: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.) eptagon.cpp:98: `glGenProgramsARB'' undeclared (first use this function) eptagon.cpp:100: `glBindProgramARB'' undeclared (first use this function) eptagon.cpp:103: `glProgramStringARB'' undeclared (first use this function) make: *** [eptagon.o] Error 1 now where am i wrong? All glSomethingARB functions should be declared/defined in glext.h, right? What else am I missing? I am including glut.h too (and just to be safe gl.h and glu.h). If anyone has some hints, lemme know. Thanks for the help, bye

Advertisement
i saw a tutorial that defines a value in it''s h files saying that it was left out by mistake. i don''t really remember if it was the value u seek, but u must search for some tutorials

Mihai

hi guys,
i post this just to avoid you loosing a lot of time like i did.
You have to define the entry points for the procedures just if u are working under windows.
If u are writing code under linux, like I am doing, you simply have to define

#define GL_GLEXT_PROTOTYPES

before any opengl include. After that u can succesfully compile and link any file including glext.h.
Just wanted to let you know...

bye

hiya bunny,
i gave a look at glee,
nice work indeed.
As for now i am just doin'' silly little programs using very basic extensions, so no need for such a complex library...
Anyway for more serious works i''ll consider using it.

--> serious work done in spare time, as i am working for a software house, and i am not really sure u want me to use your work in a commercial...

Anyway when i''ll set up my big gaming corporation, i''ll give u proper credit

bye!

It's really not complex to use, which is why it's ideal for small projects. You just call GLeeInit(), and then from that point you have access to all the extensions your hardware supports. No need to mess around with extension loading anymore.

quote:
--> serious work done in spare time, as i am working for a software house, and i am not really sure u want me to use your work in a commercial...

It has a modified BSD license, so it's free for anyone to use. Commercial or otherwise.

Go on, use it. You know you want to.

</sales pitch>

[edited by - benjamin bunny on January 14, 2004 12:01:16 PM]

damn drug dealers...
the fisrt one is always free uh?

hehe by the way thanks
i''ll give it a try tomorrow...
now in italy is almost 18... so
home sweet home.

c ya
Gunslinger

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!