• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JeeWay

Background textures

This topic is 5277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Heya, i had one question, that''s not exactly about programming OGL, but is closely related to it Where to get those background textures, i mean those, that are used to give an impression of open space? I tried searching almost all textures and images sites, but failed to find any. Managed to find one, in one of gametutorials.com lesson, but i''d like to make one myself or at least find something original. Also terragen was mentioned there, as the tool for creating such 6 connective textures, but looks like a lot of camera possitioning, calculating coordinates is needed to get such 6 pictures, and that''s a pain, on my "very fast" computer,lol So basically, any kind of tips and advices are more than welcome. Thanks.

Advertisement
I think 3d designer programs offer such features (maybe not trivial, but not that hard thing). But generating such a model, is not the task for your "very fast" computer. The other solution is making photos, but it needs lots of practice (and lots of money to travel to a beautyful place). i suggest downloading ones, already exist. The game Counter-Strike has tonns. Just download additional maps and map packs (the built in ones are very beautyful, low resolution tga images)

"Knowledge is no more expensive than ignorance, and at least as satisfying." -Barrin

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!