PNG file format

Started by
12 comments, last by dr_slash_uh 20 years, 3 months ago
i can recommend the development version
had no problems saving TGA's and PNG's with it
( and its IMHO way easier to use than the 1.2.5 version )

[edited by - Charon on January 14, 2004 11:07:52 AM]

chaos, panic and disorder - my work here is finished

Advertisement
Don't forget about SuperPNG. It fixes Photoshop's broken alpha-layer handling of PNGs. (The problem is that Photoshop will correctly read in an alpha layer, but will not save it out properly. Just use SuperPNG to save your PNGs instead of the regular Adobe option.)

EDIT: Ooops, Paint Shop Pro, not Photoshop. Ignore!

---
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]

[edited by - FenrirWolf on January 14, 2004 3:03:04 PM]
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
PSP works great - especially if you have PSP8... mask layers are now separate how they should be instead of being "quasi-attached" which was confusing.

In PSP8 just use "Layers | Load/Save Mask" and then either "Load from Alpha Channel" or "Save to Alpha Channel". Then save as a type supporting alpha (ie. TGA... use 24bit, it will warn you if the file type does not support alpha) and you're laughing...

[edited by - AndyTX on January 14, 2004 11:40:19 PM]
Thanks. I got everything to work fine. I am using paint shop pro 7. When I save an alpha channel with the Selections->Save to Alpha Channel, it doesn''t work. But as AndyTX says use masks, It works perfectly. I wonder why. Anyways thanks alot. I am now using a lot of alpha transparent images in my game. Every looks like stained glass

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement