DDraw 9 and Opacity (Semi-Trans Surfqaces?)

Started by
3 comments, last by TAOW-Joe 20 years, 3 months ago
Is there are way in DDraw 9b that I can render a secondary surface onto my primary surface, but semi-transparently? Thanks, Joe
Advertisement
as i remember, there is no DDraw 9b...... DDraw 7 is the last version...

u have to lock the surface & do with the memory calculation by hand, check the "Articles & Resources", there r couple samples.
By DDraw 9b i meant DDraw from DirectX 9 (im used to talking to other programmers that dont know alot abour graphics programming).

Thnx for the help. I had ran a search but couldn''t fond anything. Guess ill just have to look harder.
quote:Original post by TAOW-Joe
By DDraw 9b i meant DDraw from DirectX 9 (im used to talking to other programmers that dont know alot abour graphics programming).

Thnx for the help. I had ran a search but couldn''t fond anything. Guess ill just have to look harder.

No no no no no... there isn''t a DirectDraw9 even... they canned it with 7.

And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
The version of DDraw that shipped with DX9 redist DLL signing sais ver. 1.0.1901.0 but the only real differences between that and DDraw 7 is DDraw from DirectX 9 uses the .Net Framework (Primarily a better implementation of OOP - for C#/VB.Net/C++.Net/J#) and the CLR.

The problem is all the examples are for the VB6-DDraw7 interfaces and many of the method associated with DDraw classes (Surfaces, Devices, etc) nolonger exist. For example, DrawPrimive doesn''t exist, nore do any of the Blt functions. They have all been replaced by .Net compatable methods with args like SourceRect as System.Rectangle and such.

I am using C#, so none of the examples I have been able to find work... not even close.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement