Does anyone know how to use the models created by 3D Studio Max 3.1 in diretX?

Started by
2 comments, last by frank2000 23 years, 9 months ago
Hi all, I want to develop a 3D game using directX. I''m using 3D Studio Max 3.1 for modelling and Character Studio for animations. But I have no idea on some problems...... 1. Is the file format .max suitable for directX? If not, is there any converter to make a suitable format? 2. Where can I find the .max format (or converted format) specification? 3. For displaying animations, do I need to save each frame in a seperate file, and display the files in sequence to simulate the animation? Or any other connvenient method or file format to do so? Thank you very much!
Advertisement
Try searching www.wotsit.org for information on the file formats. Also, try searching www.google.com for some information.

Nate Miller
http://nate.scuzzy.net
.MAX files are not suitable for DirectX. From what I''ve seen, the MAX files contain "instructions" for the multitude of plugins on how to create the scene, not simple XYZ polygon info.
You can export to 3DS, and that is very suitable for DX, use the conv3ds utility that comes with DX7SDK. If you actually want the bone info from Character Studio, you can easily write your own MaxScript (you do have the documentation, right ;-)
Thanks for help!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement